Saturday, May 22, 2010

2010 May. Spring Garden.


We have had some wonderful weather this year! My garden is doing very well. At the beginning of the season I planted my zucchini plants and asked Heavenly Father to help them live and produce this year! And lo and behold, my two plants have produced about 10 zucchini the size of my arm! It's amazing, all the little things we are blessed with. Austin doesn't like cooked zucchini, but he does like zucchini bread! I have given lots away, and then I'm putting some grated in the freezer for zucchini bread this winter.

This year Austin's garden produced the first red tomato again! Austin's pumpkin plant is growing big and strong, but now that it's hot we'll see if it makes it.
All of the tomato plants have been producing really well too, I guess we'll have tomato salad with dinner tonight. I love the yellow pear tomatoes!

Some of the other things growing this year are green beans, yellow crook neck squash, bell peppers, and green onions.

I also had a couple of artichokes from the plant Angie gave me last year!

And this year was a great year for blackberries! Austin and I ate as many as we could and then put some in the freezer for blackberry pie at Thanksgiving. I love having a garden in the yard and am so grateful for the bounty that the Lord gives us.

No comments: