Saturday, May 15, 2010

2010 May 7. Nursing Orientation.


My pharmacology class is over, and I have my Life & Growth Development final on Monday, and then I'm done! Today was our Mandatory Nursing Orientation. I was so excited for this day to get here, it made it feel more real that I was accepted in the Nursing program for Fall 2010! The meeting was at Tomball Lone Star Campus with 75 people, those for the ADN program, a transition class, and then the alternates. It was a pretty diverse group, a little mix of all ages and nationalities, and a few guys. The new director of Tomball Nursing has been at her post since October, and I really enjoyed hearing from her. She has done a lot of things in her life in regards to nursing and has a lot to offer. The whole process was very positive and helpful. I know 3 people in the class...Cheryl, who had Pharmacology with me this semester, and then Mandy and Terry ,who I had Microbiology with last semester. It was exciting to get our packet of information regarding books, uniforms, and classes. I have the summer to get everything, so I hope I can find some good deals on the Internet to get all the things I need. After orientation, I was able to go to the library and get my NURSING ID, can you tell I'm excited!

No comments: