Sunday, October 3, 2010

2010 July 6. Hola from Dallas!


Yesterday Cory called us from Dallas while he was waiting for his connecting flight to CHILE. ! In a previous email he thought it would be around 5-7pm, and he called Chuck on his cell phone and talked to him for a bit, then Chuck called me on my cell phone to give me the phone number that Cory was at in the Dallas airport. It was so good to talk to him, I didn't even cry! He sounded really good, with no hint of nerves or apprehension, and was excited to finally be going to Chile! We talked for about 20 minutes, and Austin was able to talk to Cory for a few minutes. Austin doesn't really like to talk on the phone, but they exchanged a few sentences! When Cory hung up with us he was able to call Lindsie and talk to her for awhile too!

Cory arrived in Chile today! He sent us a short email letting us know he got their safely. I can't believe we have to wait till Christmas to talk to him again!
Here is the email we received from him:

I´m here! this is crazy´ but hilarious and super super exciting at the same time! My p days are Mondays so I´ll talk to you in a week! Pray for me please!

Love you,

PS: this is a total desert they were not kidding

Elder Martin


Antofagasta is left of the red triangle, near the coast!

I can't wait for his letter next week. I know that he is going to love being a Missionary in Chile!

No comments: