Sunday, October 3, 2010

2010 July 13. Cantaloupe & a peach stealing squirrel.


This year the fruit has grown really well in the yard. I had a few cantaloupe in my garden, and they were huge! One didn't taste very sweet, but this one tasted even better than the ones at the grocery store!

I also planted a new plum tree and peach tree by the driveway. The peach tree only has a few peaches on it, but the plum tree was loaded! They were so good I forgot to take a picture until today, with only one plum left!

I'm a little protective of my fruit trees, and have been keeping an eye on the kids and birds to make sure they don't eat the only 3 peaches on the tree. Then, while I was outside working in the yard today.....a squirrel runs up the driveway..... and right up the peach tree..... and pulls off a peach with his teeth! Right in front of me! I chased him and he ran up the oak tree in the neighbors yard. I ran inside and got my camera, and there he was up in the tree, all stretched out on his tummy with the peach between his two thieving paws, enjoying my peach. I had no idea squirrels liked peaches. The whole thing was kind of funny, but I'm still mad he ate my peach!

No comments: