Thursday, March 4, 2010

2010 January 18. Waller with Austin and his new friends.


Everyone loves having a day off from school for MLK day! It was a beautiful day outside, the sun finally decided to shine again. Chuck took half a day off, and we took Austin and the new neighbor boys out to Waller. A few weeks ago, their family moved into the neighborhood, the Francis'. Their youngest son, Matthew, is in 1st grade with Austin and in his home room, and his brother Justin is in the 4th grade.

The boys wanted to check out the woods first, so Chuck went fishing and in no time had a fish. Austin wanted to throw it back in the pond.

Just a couple of pictures of the pond.

I love to come out here and just sit in the sun and watch the wind skim across the top of the pond. It's nice to clear my head and not have to do something.

I think Chuck enjoys it to. Here he is trying to catch a bigger fish!

Justin was excited to give it a try, I think this was his first try at fishing.

After running around in the woods for awhile, Austin and Matthew wanted to give fishing a try too! We had a great time!
After we got back from the property we went to the Homeowners Annual dinner and elections,they served Del Pueblo for dinner...and that was yummy! It was my last meeting as a member of the board, I decided not to sign up for re-election this year....eight years is long enough, I've done my civic duty.

No comments: